First Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc06

Reaction score
I finally have the capability to brew a lager. I want my second lager to be a doppelbock, so I want my first lager to utilize White Labs German Bock yeast. Any suggestions as what to brew?

A little late on this response.:) How did your first lager turn out? Your post caught my eyes because I just brewed 2 batches of lager about a month and a half ago drinking some tonight. I did 10 gallons of brasal bock and 10 gallons of negra modelo. I drank 5 of the 10 of the negra modelo with friends and it was well received. I'm just starting to drink the brasal bock now. It's good but I'm not used to the high alcohol. Wheww I just lagered mine in the basement. Since it's winter here I just used the cold of nature to keep temperatures low. It seems to have worked. I used different kinds of yeasts in each 5 gallon carboy. I'm drinking the brasal bock that had octoberfest lager yeast now.
Virginia Wolf

Back