First lager question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuchSweetThunder

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have my first all-grain pilsner lagering as I type. I am wondering about the post-lagering stage. I plan to keg the batch, but due to fridge space maybe not have it on tap for a bit. Is it ok to keep it in a keg closer to room temperature after lagering, or should I keep it cold from this point forward?

Thanks!

I've never let a lager get above serving temperature so I can't say if it would affect it or not. How long have you had it at lager temperatures (28-32)?

It should be fine. If you go out and buy a lager, it doesn't need to be kept cold while it's on the shelf. In the future, consider planning it out so you can just keg after fermentation and lager right in the keg.

I would say it will be fine but will lose it's freshness much faster so it depends on how long you want to keep it.

Sent from hell
using Home Brew

I've had it lagering for 2 weeks at this point...going to let it stay in there a bit longer before kegging (I actually need a keg in which to put it first). I'm hoping I can squeeze two kegs into my ancient craigslist kegerator, otherwise I either need to down a stout real fast before summer or put the pils on first...

I would say do whatever you can to keep it cold. From (limited lager) experience there will be a difference.

Latest posts

Back