First Label! Let Me Know What You Think!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PKisNJ

Reaction score
41EAD.jpg

This is my first label for my Black IPA which turned out awesome! Let me know what you think.

PK

Like the darkness, and overall design of the label.

I tried the whole government warning and bar code stuff on my labels, and what I ended up doing was getting rid of it. 1.) Do you plan to sell?, 2.) Are your friends and family going to attempt to drink while pregnant? If you answered "No" to any of the above, then there is no real need for the warning or UPC. We are after all homebrewing. I'd personally have the actual part of the label(logo/name) on the right, add a good amount of negative space in the center and the description on the left. Being such a wide label, and dark and scary in design having that odd offset of logo vs type would give the drinkers a sense of eerie-ness being that the layout is so off from popular designs.

I like it a lot! The only minor thing is, since it's called blackout, shouldn't the candle be unlit?

Edit: Nevermind, read the story.

Thanks for the kind words! I am currently enjoying my 'Blackout' IPA and I must say it is quite nice.

Nice design. Simple...grabs your attention...eyes go right to the name and then the type of beer right under it.

Back