First label help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
OK so I made my first label using the Font Over app on my phone. The beer is a Belgian Quad aged on bourbon oak chips and cherries. It came out at 13% abv. Shameless beer plug.... sorry. My question is can anyone tell me why the image is so blurry? I uploaded the photo to the app and added the text. Everything was fine while on the app, but when I open the image the text is so blurry I can't read it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. If anyone accomplished label makers want to take on the task of creating this label for me.... Please feel free.

View attachment 1435813789784.jpg

My guess is the resolution of the image. What looks good on a smartphone doesn't necessarily look good once you blow it up. That is why it is important to use the highest resolution picture you can. I would suggest using a different mechanism to create your labels rather than a smartphone app, unless you can upload a hi-res to the app.
Good luck.

I agree with the resolution. For quality digital printing the minimum is 300 DPI at the same size label you are creating. I would call several printing places and get samples. At this time you can ask several questions to get a good idea of who is going to work with you. I've had a company charge me an hourly rate per item changed on a label even though it only took 5 minutes or less to do the change. If you want I can PM you the contact info for the company I deal with.

Latest posts

Back