first keg to tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachatola

Reaction score
I have had my keg in the garage ~60° @ 20 psi. for about a week and a half now, i have not tried to tap it at all, but i would imagine from what everyone has told me i should be force carbed by now. My question is in dispensing my brew, should i pull my keg off the gas and purge the pressure out, and then re pressurize at 8-10 psi, or am i going about this all wrong. Its a standard corny keg of apfelwein, and will be in a ice tub to serve. It wont be served till sat night. Im also using a picnic tap with about a 3-4 foot hose. The kit purchased from Midwest. (brew logic dual draft kit) Can some anyone point me in the direction of a good way to dispense?

Yeah, let out some pressure so there is no back flow to the regulator.

You'll want about 5-7 feet of 3/16" beer line to serve. Pressure should be about 12 psi. and then you can leave it at pressure all the time.

For that short line you'll want to drop the pressure down or it will likely foam. Since it's a picnic tap you could also hold it above the keg (increases resistance thus lowering output pressure).

Thanks for the info, any ball park idea on what pressure? 10-12psi i have a 5' 3/16 hose on my picnic taps. Thanks again for the info, that is just what i was looking for.

Do i purge all the pressure and then refill to 10-12 psi? I have no good way to bleed off the pressure to 10-12.

ok cool, that was what i was thinking of doing but for some reason i figured it was harder than i was thinking it was. LOL dang it sucks being a rookie. LOL

Back