First keezer build, worried about cutting lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I am getting ready to do my first keezer build. I've converted a refrigerator before with no issues, but this is my first keezer. I almost certain there's nothing to worry about with drilling the hole to mount the tower, but I am concerned about mounting the manifold on the inside. I've done quite a bit of searching and can't find a schematic of my freezer, so I don't know if there any lines to worry about in the sides or back of my freezer. Is there a standard configuration for a top loading chest freezer or does it vary by manufacturer? Maybe I should just figure out a way to mount the manifold without puncturing the inside wall of the freezer. Thanks for any help. Cheers!

Do not drill holes in the sides of a chest freezer unless you're looking to kill the machine. Most chest freezer cabinets are ringed with both cold side (evaporator) and hot side (condenser) refrigerant loops and the odds of missing both with a screw hole aren't worth the wager.

You could glue a wood "sleeper" in a strategic location - like, the inside of the lid, which you're going to be opening up anyway. Then you can screw a manifold to the sleeper...

Cheers!

new_keezer_45_sm.jpg

new_keezer_46_sm.jpg

Mounting it to the collar is easy peasy.

If you weren't building a collar, I would suggest using industrial strength velcro. I have my manifold held in place on my no-mod keezer using the velcro and it does. not. move.

Back