First Hefeweizen brew - To rack or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kdog22

Reaction score
Let me start off by stating I did search the forum before making this thread so I apologize in advance if this specific question has been asked more than once.

I've ben brewing wine for a few years and am finally about to start my first beer brew. I bought a Bavarian Hefeweizen extract kit from Northern Brewer and my question is this.. Since it's a hefeweizen and a hazy beer, is it worth racking into a secondary, before racking into the bottling bucket for bottling? I'm planning on letting it ferment out in the primary (glass carboy) and then racking into the bottling bucket when it's time to bottle. Is there any beneficial reason to rack from my primary into a secondary before racking into a bottling bucket for this beer? Plus, not using a secondary would save me an additional cleaning/sanitizing chore.

I appreciate it! :mug:

I do not rack to secondary with my hefeweizens. The Northern Brewer extract kit was my very first beer also. It was very tastey!

Back