First Ebay Buy 'n I Think I Got FooKED

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeamusMac

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Naive brewer here... I won a bid on a Sankey tap from a guy in Port Clinton, OH on Sept. 23rd and erroneously paid for it through PayPal right away. I've been messaging the guy every other day since that day and still no reply...

Have any of you been in similar situations? Can I save myself the hassle of trying to claim it through PayPal?

Thanks HBT!

First thing to do is to try to email him directly. If that doesn't work, put in a claim through ebay. They will freeze the money and if you don't get it, you will get a full refund.

You pretty much have to go through Ebay/Paypal to resolve it. It may take a bit of time, but I think Paypal is pretty good on resolving these things and refunding the cash. They will likely contact the seller and give him time to respond.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys, I'm reading over PayPals page on resolving buying problems right now.

If you paid through Paypal, they are supposed to deal with it. Follow their claim process. It takes a while. Go ahead and start the eBay claim process, then notify eBay and they will get involved, and they have their procedure. For the most part, they try to get the seller to respond. Paypal is the money security. By the way, I purchased something on eBay, and while I was waiting for payment info, there was a shutdown of a reactor at work. I pretty much lived out there for 5 days. When I emailed the guy to explain, he said "Don't worry about it until all of your stuff is settled down". That long a$$ story to say there might be a reason. Luck and let us know how it turns out - Dwain

One week is not even enough time to start worrying, let alone putting a claim to ebay. I've purchased from ebay probably a hundred times and have never been ripped off. It does happen, sure, but no reason to get paranoid.

This is shipping from one country to another. He could have mailed it on the 24th and it would be reasonable not to have received it yet.

Just RDWHAHB. Or have a molson since you are buying a Sanke Tap.

This is shipping from one country to another. He could have mailed it on the 24th and it would be reasonable not to have received it yet.

Just RDWHAHB. Or have a molson since you are buying a Sanke Tap.

I'm not really concerned that I haven't received it yet, I'm just paranoid because he has yet to respond to any of my e-mails or Bbay messages. I know he has been actively selling things since I won the tap so he should have time to check his e-mail...

I'll take the advice of seasoned Ebay buyers and chill out for another week before putting a claim in.

I shipped some stuff to Canada from Alabama last month. It went from Huntsville to Florida, back to Canada, then spent a week in customs.....it took about 2 weeks for him to receive his shipment........

so give it some time......RDWHAHB

I've bought a lot of stuff from e-Bay and also agree that one week is not long enough. Some sellers will NEVER even contact you or answer you until the item just shows up at your door. I make it a point to never buy from them again. No communication means no sale from me. It's all about the service.

Yup, you need to be patient. I've bought over 250 items on Ebay and have never been ripped off. If your desperate you can get his contact info and give him a call, that usually does the trick.

I'm not sure whether or not any of you who were following this thread care but I've finally received the keg coupler... and its an "S" type coupler!!! This is bad news bears for me as the only people in my province that are able to get there hands on European kegs are business owners with liquor licenses. The tap is useless, 100% useless and I only have 5 days to open up a case with the PayPal Resolution Centre. I've e-mailed the seller to let him know he sent me an item that did not match the description he gave me and if I don't hear back from him in 2 days I'm going to do it the hard way.

Latest posts

Back