First Cyser 2 weeks in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHAIV

Reaction score
Hey so I'm kind of new to brewing. I have made a few ciders and a few meads and a few beers. I have had more luck with the beers lol. Anyway I wanted to make a high alcohol cyser. So I used ec-1118. My starting gravity was 1.122. It's been 2 weeks. I only have about 3/4 of a gallon of liquid in the 1 gallon carboy. I used half gallon, fresh pressed, 100% apple juice store bought, And 1.5 pounds clover honey and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Oh and I rehydrated the yeast and dumped the whole pack in the cyser. I put in yeast energizer and nutrient.
So I haven't seen any bubbles from the airlock in a few days. Do you think it's basically done fermenting? Should I rack it now? I have 2, 1.5 liter glass jugs I think it would fit in nicely without any head space. Do you think that is a good option for racking? If I put it in another gallon jug it'll have a lot of air in the top. I'll take another gravity reading when I rack it. I'm thinking since I put in so much yeast in a 3/4 gallon must it fermented faster than anything else I've done. The yeast has settled at the bottom. I even tried to swirl it and it does nothing. Thanks for any help!

Or if you have any issues with separating into 2 secondaries. Do you have any ideas for a 3/4 gallon jug?

Just did a cyser with 1116. Racked to secondary after 8 days. OG was 1.100 racked at 1.005.

Yeah mine probably quit bubbling after 8 days

So I racked it this morning and gravity was .996 so my winemaker tools app says it would be 18.41%

Mine is about 1.096, it's difficult to get a precise reading because of the foam. I, too, used EC-1118. First cyser I've made.

Back