First complement on my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats. That is a good feeling. Even better if you can get that same response from people outside your family.

I've offered people my homebrews before and they would say no thanks, I've had homebrews before and they were horrible ! so I just say alright more for me I guess, then someone else will try it and like it, so then that person wants to just try a sip and then they go WOW thats pretty good and end up drinking a glass lol

I love that moment when someone new tries your homebrew and their face goes from "I'm trying this cos I know you but it's going to be a bit sh*t" to "wow, that's a good beer"... and the disbelief when they ask you where you bought the kit from and you tell them that it's your own recipe built from scratch...

Sharing and enjoying is such a rewarding part of homebrewing and I never get tired of the compliments!

I've got a neighbor that tried one of my espresso stouts literally 3 years ago, and just last weekend when I was brewing he pulled over as he was driving by just to tell me it's still the best to date. Sure enough, I went and gave the guy more beer!

Best part of brewing is sharing with others in my opinion. Congrats OP

Best compliment i ever got was from my eldest nephew - a self described "beery" and a harsh critic of every new brew he tries. He quietly tried my export stout. Then he quietly and quickly drank it down and asked for another - When i returned with the full pint he asked,"How much will it cost me to set up to brew beer LIKE THAT!!!"

Your right, it does feel good - congrats!

My favorite compliment is when I bring a growler of homebrew to a party and hear a random person asking what brewery it came from!

Or when a group of them want to pony up 10's of thousands each to start up a brewery with you as the brewer!
Or when they chain you up and threaten to kill your family unless you brew for them around the clock.

Then you know you've mastered the hobby.

Nobody in my or my wife’s family drinks craft beer. So I don’t give them my beer unless they ask. Even then I do it with trepidation. For non craft beer drinkers it’s too much most of the time.

I do however have a blonde ale that was a smash hit. I’m going to start keeping that on tap all the time for the BMC drinkers. It’s just a Munich Helles grain bill fermented with WLP001.

My favorite is when they hoard my beer for themselves. Actions speak louder than words.

Cheers, definitely feels good for sure! One of my favorite early compliments was when my dads friend - a big, burly guy with a huge beard - liked one of my stouts a lot.

I'd like to hear how that turned out. I'm all about tens of thousands of dollars and brewing.

Oh I certainly didn't make tons of money. I believe Hwk-I-St8 referenced all that money "to start" a brewery.

Basically, I had a friend connect me with his friend who was looking to start a brewery. We met up one day and he tried a handful of what I had on hand at the time and next thing you know, I'm brewing my homebrews on a 7bbl system. I think I had around 4-5 beers on tap for opening day and the reviews on untapped were pretty positive!

Oh I certainly didn't make tons of money. I believe Hwk-I-St8 referenced all that money "to start" a brewery.

Basically, I had a friend connect me with his friend who was looking to start a brewery. We met up one day and he tried a handful of what I had on hand at the time and next thing you know, I'm brewing my homebrews on a 7bbl system. I think I had around 4-5 beers on tap for opening day and the reviews on untapped were pretty positive!

Wow, that's an awesome story.

I got to know a homebrewer turned pro about 2 years ago. There are 3 owners, all of whom I've met. I shared several of my homebrews with the owners and they wanted me to collab with the brewer, but nothing ever came of it.

Last edited:
Wow, that's an awesome story.

I got to know a homebrewer turned pro about 2 years ago. There are 3 owners, all of whom I've met. I shared several of my homebrews with the owners and they wanted me to collab with the brewer, but nothing ever came of it.

Dang! Cool that the owners were pumped on your beer though. That's worth somethin for sure

Funny thing is, I almost had the same brewing connection happen to me a second time! Wife signed up a guy at a gym during the time I was brewing. Him and his partner met up with me for an interview, and 2 days later they emailed me telling me I'm the guy! After discussing pay (which I didn't do the first time around) they realized they actually had money and could afford somebody with more experience (can't blame em). They've now got a guy that used to brew at Left Hand, and they are killing it!

I'm blown away at the opportunity shown to a simple homebrewer like myself. Especially being in CO, I imagine there's a ton of experience all around me. With that said, I've definitely met some "pros" that don't have a clue LOL.

Just turned my uncle on to my biab apa. He and his wife called me out of the blue to tell me how good it was..:yes: makes ya feel good ya know?
That is cool!
I took samples of our second and third batches to our supply store and a couple opening a brewery tried them. One of them was our Yuengling like ale recipe and the other was a left hand sweet stout clone recipe. They liked them both and the man said, this is your second and third batch? You wouldn’t want to have tasted my second and third batch. Lol that was pretty cool. The store owner liked my stout better than his.
We are having a small brew party on Memorial Day weekend. Looking forward to getting more feed back.
It is great when you create an enjoyable beer! Cheers!

Wait until people start trying to give you money for your beer that's when it really goes to your head

This is my whole office. I had to tell everyone I share for fun. And I will let you know if I have "extra" to share. I don't like the pressure of brewing for money. Plus the law I guess also.

Back