First child, what a weekend!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scriv

Reaction score
My wife gave birth to our first child on Friday. The day was rough to say the least. We came home from the hospital today, she's asleep on my chest right now. I really don't have words to explain what I'm feeling, nervous/excited doesn't cover it. I'm 41, so this is a late start.

Say hi to Coralie, she's my entire world now.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422255550.997876.jpg

She's adorable! She is so bright-eyed already!

Congratulations to you and your family.

Damn... look at that hair, lol. My kid was bald for like, a year.

Enjoy that little girl man, there's nothing like them.

Holy crap she has a mop. And looks far older than 3 days old to me. Congrats, she definitely is one of the really cute babies, most just look like waterlogged red monkeys.

Congrats man. She's a cutie for sure. I raise my glass to her mother. Oh and you too I guess. Now go home and get a good night's sleep. Ha!

Holy crap she has a mop. And looks far older than 3 days old to me. Congrats, she definitely is one of the really cute babies, most just look like waterlogged red monkeys.

Thanks all! She was actually 2 weeks early, my wife's blood pressure went sky high, so she had to be induced. She wasn't coming out easy, ended up having to be vacuum assisted, NICU was called in, and I had to watch while they performed cpr on my daughter. I still tear up thinking about it, the doctor was distracting my wife, a very emotional time for me. We are lucky to have her. The vacuum bruised her little head, add that to being early and my wife having gestational diabetes and the result is jaundice! She is recovering rapidly though, so we brought her home yesterday.

My wife gave birth to our first child on Friday. The day was rough to say the least. We came home from the hospital today, she's asleep on my chest right now. I really don't have words to explain what I'm feeling, nervous/excited doesn't cover it. I'm 41, so this is a late start.

Say hi to Coralie, she's my entire world now.View attachment 251655

I've done a lot of great things, and a lot of not so great things.

Nothing beats that moment when breathing on your chest turns into snoring. The moment they release into you.

I should have been a poet, can't really express it. Will try later in the evening when I'm a little looser and see what I can come up with.

Lucky you. Welcome to parenting! Barf bags on the left, diapers on the right, and poverty and heart break directly ahead of you.

It's worth it though. So worth it.

Beautiful. Enjoy it, there is nothing like having a baby girl sleeping on your chest, just where you can smell her hair, that baby smell. It won't last near long enough.

Very soon she will be an eight year old that thinks she's thirteen and you will need to brew a lot more to keep the fridge full.

Cherish every moment Bro. My little girl is 9 months and everyone who said it goes by too quick was absolutely right. Congrats, she'll steal your heart!

Back