First Brew.....Outstanding Results.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltruce

Reaction score
Brewed several Ciders and a few Meads, decided to give Beer a go a few weeks ago.

Bought a Brewers Best kit at my LHBS, and brewed it up.

Just opened my first bottle and all I can say is "I can't believe I made this" I know it's a kit, but still I can't believe I made this!!!!!!!!

Shared a few bottles with some friends and they all said the same thing...I can't believe you made this!!!! Two of the four buddies are complete beer snobs, and they absolutely loved the beer I made.

Now I've got the bug, I have four batches going now, all Northern Brewer kits:

Bourbon Porter
Caribou Slobber
Irish Red Ale
Honey Brown Ale

I have the Northern Brewer Barley Wine and a Chocolate Milk Stout waiting in the wings.

what took you so long to come over to the dark side? Its a great feeling and hard to believe that you can make such a great product at home.

all it takes is one batch and you are hooked...I'm the same way...4 under my belt thus far and about 15 different ones planned...just need to find the time!

Congrats on your brew Rebel - Where in VA you from?

I'm in Culpeper, Va.

A good bit north of you on 81....about 35-40 miles north of Charlottesville.

I do feel a sense of accomplishment...been an advid cook for many years...always wanted to make beer, now I can!

My problem is I'm going to end up drinking all of my first batch before I have another one ready....LMAO!!!Speaking of that I think I need a beer...:mug:

Back