First brew done!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just1pepsi

Reaction score
Extract w/specialty grain
SNPA Clone (NB Sierra Madre)
OG 1.054
FG 1.010
Primary fermentation, 1 wk.
Bottle conditioned, 1 wk.

The beer hit FG in 4 days, and i bottled on day 7. Have happily drank three today (day 14.)

The fermentation was a little higher, primary fermentation shorter, and bottle condition time shorter than what so many here suggest as rule of thumb, however this particular brew is exactly spot on as far as i can tell. Good body, flavor is right, and good carbonation. No funny off flavors, not over/under carbed, no sign of sweetness, head is good and consistent with the original.

For new home brewers reading this, what ive taken from this is do what feels right and take what you read here with a grain of salt, it may not apply to your beer. At the same time, it might. Haha... Thank you to everyone here, i've learned a lot, and plan to stick around for some time! (hoping it wasnt just beginners luck!) Next stop, weizenbock :D

Thanks everyone!

Congrats. Thats a quick turnaround. It will be interesting to see how better it will get after another few weeks. Enjoy!!

Back