First BOS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the75

Reaction score
:ban:
I'm so happy! The last 3 years of brewing paid off with my first BOS & I wanted to come back here to where I gathered a majority of my basic knowledge of home brewing (well, here & from John Palmer's "How to Brew") to thank those here for all their advice. Thank you very much!

For someone who has been ecstatic with a ribbon here & there, this BOS was quite the surprise and something that I am very proud of. :mug::D
Thanks again!

congrats! What did you brew?

Thanks! I brewed a Vienna Lager. All I had ever tried until then were ales. I even did my first decoction, which was sketchy since it seemed to go against everything I had been told "not to do" to the mash.

Well done!

Details please!!

Details are still coming through since I have yet to receive the scoresheets, but the competition website shows it scored a 39. From what the competition rules state, my beer will be brewed by a commercial brewer & entered into GABF's Pro/Am category. How freaking cool?! I'm on cloud 9.

Back