First BIAB Session went very well

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dchayer

Reaction score
Brewed a Norther Brewer Dry Doc Urca Vanilla Porter Kit.

My Pre Boil OG 1.046
My Post Boil OG 1.055

Used an all new setup. 10gal Bayou SS pot with strainer insert and spigot. Used a 5 gallon paint strainer which fit perfectly over the strainer.

Started with 8 gallons of water. Grains fit without a problem. Hit 2 degrees higher than my target mash temp but ended on the nose. This setup held the temp very well.

Also loved the spigot. It was very nice to go straight into the carboy without lifting and leave the sediment on the bottom of the pot.

Can't wait until this is ready to tap.

Thanks to this great community for all the knowledge. Without it I will still be brewing extract only.

Thanks

I have the same setup and will do my third batch next weekend. I have the 11gal. pot and did my own plumbing, even have a recirculating pump setup that I haven't tried yet. I'm really pleased so far with how this rig works.

That's awesome!

I just ordered the 11gal bayou classic w/ strainer. Gonna have to do my own plumbing if I want a spigot. Just trying to justify the cost (as opposed to just using my autosiphon to go to fermenter.)

Have a bag on the way, from an HBT member.

Hate to brag, but I live 20 minutes from Dry Dock. One of the best breweries in the world! I did this kit and added Chocolate, was incredible. If you're ever in CO, you gotta check out DD!

Back