First batch!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwturnernc

Reaction score
Brewed my first batch of home brew on 01/15. It was a Brewers Best kit, English bitter. I followed the directions to the letter and had a friend who brewed before their to help me with the process. My OG measurement was 1.03 which was the desired OG according to the kit. I'm brewing in a bucket and noticed CO2 release on the night of brew day, on day two. However, I did not notice any release last night or this morning. Am I just being paranoid about the short fermentation time or does it sound right for this type of beer?

Sounds like initial fermentation is done. It'll slowly ferment down to FG from there. Give it till the 2 week mark to do an FG hydrometer test.

Thx for the feedback! I was just a little worried that it was such a short time frame of fermentation since the directions said 4-6 days. I'll leave it alone then.

All systems are Green & go. Confidence is high...I repeat,confidence is high! Earth control to Major Tom...commencing countdown,engines on. We have ignition,& may God's love be with you...:mug:

Back