First batch now bottled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChefyTim

SudsChef
Reaction score
Well, I finally got to the bottling stage.

Brewed a Red Ale via a Brew's Best ingredient kit.
Put it in the primary for a week and racked to secondary and let
sit for two more weeks.

Three more weeks?
Bummer, I ready to get started drinkin.

I do have a Porter that I brewed a week ago and racked to the secondary today so will have a task to complete in two weeks.

Also, I will likely brew another batch next weekend just to keep things rolling. Likely I'll find a good Stout kit for that one. Any suggestions?

I would guess the kits I have used would be called a "partial extract?" Did have to steep some grains before adding the extract.

Are we there yet?

Congrats on your first batch. That 3 weeks will pass quick enough.

I've done about 10 batches so far and all have been extract with grain additions. Each has turned out great. It's an awesome feeling to pull out a couple beers for some friends and when they comment on how good it is, telling them that you made it. It's also a lot of fun, isn't it?

My next step is going partial mash for a couple and then all grain. I may try to skip the PM step, haven't quite decided.

I just brewed my first batch of Brewers Best Red Ale. I love it!!! This was my first ever batch and I told myself when I tasted it for the first time that I wasn't going to lie to myself and say that I liked it because I made it. Let me tell ya. It's great!!:mug:

Back