First all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronbeer

Reaction score
So today I brewed my first all grain. I got 68 % effeciancy ( spelling?). I need a new thermometer!!!!! The turkey fryer had a hard time boiling 7gal. I only lost 1gal! But I learned alot and will do better next weekend (double chocolate stout!!!)

So today I brewed my first all grain. I got 68 % effeciancy ( spelling?). I need a new thermometer!!!!! The turkey fryer had a hard time boiling 7gal. I only lost 1gal! But I learned alot and will do better next weekend (double chocolate stout!!!)

YOU ARE SICK!!!!!The same thing is happening to me.I need more ingredients, and equiptment!

Oh Yea, I know what you mean...I got my basic set up and started adding things, bottle tree, etc. Also was buying "expensive" beer so I could reuse the bottles and to try different beers, six pack a day. Then wound up buying a four keg set up including fridge before my first batch was even ready to bottle.... Now I've moved to all grain and still haven't bottled anything. And I have over 100 lbs of grain in my basement, hop rhizomes on the way, telephone poles for trellis Now I need to build a keezer, because we need the beer fridge for extra food because all of these damn people we have hanging around all of the sudden...LOL

What brand fryer? I just got a Bayou classic 30 qt and I have no problems.

Latest posts

Back