First all grain . Wlp300 starter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duffstuff

Reaction score
Hi , I'm getting ready for my first all grain , pretty basic hefe to keep the errors low, 5 gallon batch ... I'm unsure should I make a starter , I see a lot of people do and don't,
What would you guys suggest ? Pitch the vial for the first AG . Or go all in and make a starter

It depends on how old the yeast is also, yeast loses its viability the longer it sits around. Check Mr. Malty as beerman suggested.

You should be fine without a starter if your OG is under 1.055 but you should try to get in the habit of making starters with liquid yeast. It will give you more yeast and less lag time for fermentation to begin....plus it ensures that the yeast are alive and ready

Thanks for all the input , I'm going to just pitch the vial this time . Aiming for 1.048 .. First time playing with a mash so going safe this time . As always thank you for the help and advice .

Latest posts

Back