First All Grain Brew Underway

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinHooligan

Reaction score
Heating up the strike water while pre-heating my mash tun. Should be doughing in in about 10 minutes. So freaking excited! :ban:

Oh, and pics or it didn't happen!

(but not during the crucial parts, don't want you to get frazzled!)

Just doughed in and hit them temp I wanted exactly! Trying to upload my image to photobucket so I can post the link, but the computer is acting screwy. I will keep trying until I need to start heating up my mashout and sparge water.

Mash out and sparge went perfect! Pot is on the stove waiting for it to come to a boil. The wife had to take our daughter and leave the house because she can't stand the smell. I am now expecting a propane burner for Father's day so I can brew in peace outside!

Boil just started (takes a while on my stove) and added my first hop addition. Pre-boil gravilty is 1.038.

Not real sure what I was hoping for on the pre-boil, but my OG I want to be 1.051 or better.

Boil is done, now cooling in a bucket of ice water on the patio. Can't wait to check my OG and pitch the yeast! All in all a success, other than needing a wort chiller really bad.

Thank you!!! I just checked my OG, pitched my yeast, and tasted the wort. My OG was a bit lower than I wanted 1.043, but I found my efficiency was 70.5% and I am happy with that. The wort tasted great!! I can't wait to taste this one when it is done.

Back