First AG today, double batches!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopheadNJ

Reaction score
So I had an awesome brew day today. Long, but awesome...

It all started around 10:00am, I've been anticipating today all week to do my first all grain brew, EW's Haus Pale Ale. My homemade 10gallon cooler braid style MLT worked flawlessly. I hit all my temps pretty much spot on & things were smooth. Came in with an OG of 1.056, and I think, according to Beersmith my efficiency was at 74% Pitched Nottingham at 3:00PM - krausen when I looked @ 9:00PM.

It was at that point I was gathering some things to clean up and decided I may as well use up the crushed grain I had & brew 5 gallons of blacklab's Cascades/Orange Pale Ale. Things weren't as smooth as the first round, but still ended up coming in at 1.052 and it smells incredible! I can't wait to pour a pint of both of these beers! No idea of efficiency on this as I haven't entered into BS, nor do I really care honestly.:cross:

If your not an all-grain brewer yet, stop thinking it's rocket science & start making your own fermentables!

So, thats my rant...What did you brew this weekend?

Way to go, two batches on your first All Grain day is pretty impressive. I'm curious about your Cascade/Orange ale, do you have the recipe?

Thanks.

10 gallons Left Hand Milk Stout Clone modified to my taste. AG rocks. Just wait til you get tired of the 10g cooler and upgrade to 18g (72qt) coleman xtreme so you can do huuuuuuge beers. Enjoy!

:rockin:

Back