fireman #4 fail?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealizm

Reaction score
I brewed what I thought to be cloneish,I Dont think it's quite there.Not hoppy enough. It was a 3ish gallon boil with crystal 4.3 aa
-1.5z 60 min
-1z 30 min
-.5z 15 min
.Is it the the low aa hops?It seems like I should have doubled that.

At this point I'm thinking dryhop with a oz or 2 of cascade or citrusy hop to get closer to the original flavor.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Not hoppy enough? I don't get much hop character out of it at all. It's 5.1% and only 21 ibu. I love that beer too. During the summer months(May-October) I kill plenty of those and St Arnolds' Summer Pils.

What yeast did you use? I would think that most of the character of the beer comes from the yeast and malt.

I haven't had 1 in a while and I remember it being fairly hoppy.I might be,bsn myself.I did get the recipe from there but brewd on cinco de mayo ,inebriated and with people that only care for the drinking process.
So my recipe was
5lb 2 row
.25lb oats
2lb light dme
1lb wheat dme
Hop schedule above
And notty.I Dont recall a English flavor but again bs possibly.
1.046 OG
1.009 is the SG after week ferment
Which puts it right below commercial version for abv ibus I'm clueless.I am tasteing the hydro sample not finished product.

Back