Finished my kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the top is chalkboard paint for easy labeling. It is hard to see in the photo but the name is "R.I.P. Spookley Ale". It is a session pumpkin beer and is named that due to 2 year old daughter naming the pumpkin it used in it after the book character. Yeah i will be adding a drip tray down the road and I was thinking of using magnets.

How did you get the chalk paint to stick to the top? The guy at Home Depot told me it would peel right off?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I sanded down the top. i then used Rustoleum self etching primer spray can and did several coats and then used the chalkboard paint spray can. I have only had this for a month but it seems to be holding up fine except one little spot where i did not sand it very well but that was my fault.

We recently did a picture frame with the chalk board paint.

My wife who is a major Pinterest addict said that sprinkling a little chalk dust on the paint between coats will help it stick to itself.

May not help with the lid but may be a good tip to anyone using the paint itself. I know we had an issue years ago in the kids room where the paint would come off while writing/drawing sometimes.

Back