Finally, its bottled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratcliffe

Reaction score
Well, almost a month ago, I made my first ever brew, using a kit method. The recipe said 4-6 days to ferment, which I thought was optimistic, and when I checked on here, you all said a fortnight minimum. Well since I brewed it, I have been checking it every now and again, and finally after 26 days, I was able to bottle it last night.
I got 32 pints out of the kit, which considering I wasted a fair bit as I was trying extra hard not to scrape up the bottom of the tank, and also a fair bit of spillage as I have never siphoned before, so thats not bad.
It is now bottled, and on day 1 of the 14 day second fermentation part of the deal.
So... in two weeks time I will be able to sample my beer. We shall see :mug:

Sorry, just wanted to share :D

its a good feeling to have your first home brew bottled, sounds like everything went smooth on this one, let us know how it is when its ready!

get working on another batch!

I swear that the hardest part of homebrewing is waiting for that first batch to be ready.

It's all smooth sailing from here. :tank: (well sometimes)

No, I think the hardest part is summoning up the enthusiasm to clean the fermentation tank after you have siphoned ;)
I'll let you all know how it tastes in a fortnights time!
:drunk:

That's what I'm dreading.. So I'm trying to stock up on brews, and figure I'll make two batches my first weekend. Something that will sit in the clearing tank and and something that wont need it and finishes young.

Back