Finally found a 10 gl corny keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springer

Reaction score
I went to the Hershey AACA swap meet and car show last week not expecting to find brewing equipment but I found this and took a chance on it since it was an older eye wash station wasn't sure if the poppets would fit
beer009-1.jpg

beer010-1.jpg

Looked nice and clean

beer011.jpg

and the fittings looked right
beer012.jpg

when I got home I took some poppets off a bad 5 gallon keg, some new o-rings and presto a functioning 10 gallon corny

beer014.jpg

Woo-hoo! What are the dimensions of this vessel? I might seek one out if it could fit in my keezer easily.

The local U-Brew uses those, i asked once how much he payed for them, i think he said somewhere around 300-400 dollars each.

the keg is working out nicely .. just a little hard to lift it in to kegerator other down side when it kicks there is no more of that beer unlike the 5s . So I need to keep an eye on whats left

congrats on the awesome find. i always wanna go to flea markets and trade days to find stuff just like this, but hardly get the chance.

25" tall and a circumference of 12 1/4"

don't hate me ,$20

Nice find... I think you might have meant 12 1/4" diameter not circumference. If the interior is 25" then you are looking closer to 12.75 gallon. If OAL counting handles is 25" then it probably is closer to 10 gallon. Nit picky I know but.....

Nice find. I've got three, perfect for 10 gallon batches. Try CHI Company.net they sell 10and 15 gallon kegs.

I saw your post the other day, and then a few days later my neighbor was cleaning out his garage and had one. I offered to buy it but he was not interested in selling it then. Later that day he brought it over and gave it to me. He decided he had no use for it. Now to convert it from eye wash to cornie.

Back