Finally! finally! finally! Its brewday!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erick0619

Reaction score
Its been far too long. Life was being a real A-hole, but finally the day has arrived. Im brewing up an IPA today, some 2 row a bit of munich and a dash of carapils. For the hops ill be bittering with CTZ and late hopping/hopstand with Chinook and Citra. Cheers!!

Nice, i just did a batch close to that with a lil honey an dry hopped with citra, came out great!

Luckily it didnt involve any hot wort or kettles that would have really sucked. Swmbo hesrd the icecream man so me being the nice guy i am i started sprinting to the front so i couls make it back in time to add my flame out hops. I ended up running into the rose bushes in the front got me real good. But wait theres more my landlord is a beekeeper and has two beehives in the back. During clean up i must have accidentally sprayed them because i ended up getting attacked by them and getting chased into my home. I do have have beer fermenting so thats always good.

Sounds like an eventful day! Nothing a cold beer can't soothe.

Yeah it got real eventful towards the end, but the actual brew process was so relaxing and calm it was great. I did end up with major efficiency issues but i blame the crush from my lhbs, as i was mashing in i was noticing a lot if un cracked kernel. I got 41% from my usual 60, they must have adjusted the gap or something, next time im double milling. My airlock started going off about 18 hours after pitching. I popped my head into the chamber this morning and it smelled amazing.

Back