finally, brewing again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danorocks17

Reaction score
man, it seems like forever since I brewed, or really looked at HBT. I've been so insane busy with life, work, getting my **** together to go to grad school, ect. I really haven't had time or money to brew since April. I've got two in the pipeline right now. I am doing my christmas ale in a couple of weeks and I'm finally getting around to doing a 90 min clone. In the meantime, i've gotten a co-worker and his friend into homebrewing, so I feel like this is my first prodigy. I tried his first beer and it was pretty decent, but he's already brewed 2 more beers since then. This is why I like brewing so much, you can let people in on your secrets and it's rewarded when they give you free beer. What a great vicious cycle. :ban:

I know the feeling. I just got married a few weeks ago and haven't had time to brew anything. Last beer I brewed was in the middle of July!

I know the feeling. I just got married a few weeks ago and haven't had time to brew anything. Last beer I brewed was in the middle of July!
What about Oct 2007? Moving, building a new house after excavating the site and grounds from brushy timber-land, etc ad nausium. I'm finally getting to set up my stuff again and make some mash!:ban:

TWO YEARS? I've been having withdrawals after two months. I have about a dozen beer recipes I wanna brew now from looking around online during my downtime, I'm pretty sure my heart would have stopped beating if I had to wait two years between batches.

+1, welcome back. Beer in the pipeline is like cord wood cut, stacked, split and ready for the wood stove...

+1, welcome back. Beer in the pipeline is like cord wood cut, stacked, split and ready for the wood stove...

Very well said...I may use that to help my friends understand the seemingly rediculous amount of beer I brew! The amount I brew is tame by HBT standards but non-brewers (and especially non-drinkers) are thrown off by the cases and cases I have conditioning in the garage...

-Tripod

I just started back after a 3 year hiatus, scored some good deals on craigslist in equip as This go around I've decided to finally complete my brew rig and move my entire operations outside. I've got two PM's and two AG's completed trying to restock the pipeline as I'm working on a 12 tap keezer.

Problem is I can't brew fast enough the first 10G batch is gone the second is already half gone. Need to brew more and drink less I guess ;)

I've been MIA for at least two months. So I can relate, as well. I lucked out and met a guy at work who is into brewing (I'm pretty sure he belongs to HBT) and he's inspired me to keep on brewing.

Back