Finalizing my Kegerator Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawilson20

Reaction score
I have just a couple of questions I need to answered before I can complete my kegerator.

My kegerator is a Haier. I have purchased a 3 tap tower. This tower came with pre installed 5ft lines. Should I go through the trouble now of switching to 10ft lines? Or should I give the 5ft lines a shot?

The regulator that came with the kegerator does not have dual gauges; therefore I have no idea knowing how much gas is in the tank. Should I pick up a dual gauge regulator? Should I get the tank refilled now and know that I will be able to serve X number of kegs off the 5lb tank?

I'd try the 5' lines. With the amount of rise from the keg to the taps they might be okay. If not, then change them out. The CO2 tank gauge is basically worthless. It goes from full to empty in a heartbeat. You could get your tank refilled if you want. If you have a place near by that can fill it on demand then I wouldn't worry about it much. Me, I have one source that fills on Thursdays so I have a backup CO2 tank. Cheers!!!

Exactly...My CO2 shop is 100 miles away so I weight it once in a while to make sure I don't run out. I really should get a back up CO2!!

I have just a couple of questions I need to answered before I can complete my kegerator.

My kegerator is a Haier. I have purchased a 3 tap tower. This tower came with pre installed 5ft lines. Should I go through the trouble now of switching to 10ft lines? Or should I give the 5ft lines a shot?

The regulator that came with the kegerator does not have dual gauges; therefore I have no idea knowing how much gas is in the tank. Should I pick up a dual gauge regulator? Should I get the tank refilled now and know that I will be able to serve X number of kegs off the 5lb tank?

I'd switch to 10' lines now. It's very easy to cut the lines down, but once you get the tower installed it can be a PITA to replace them.

I'm not sure how much the second gauge really helps. Mine just sits at the same position until it is empty. I wouldn't worry about getting another gauge.

It looks like changing the lines is going to be a major PIA. I guess it will be smart to get it over with.

If there is a plugged port on the side you could just get a gauge. Personally, I didn't bother.

+1million on getting a second tank. The tank will always run empty just before kick-off after all the gas places have closed.

Back