few pics of maiden run on my new setup!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMWMK2

Reaction score
everything whent way better that i expected, it will also be the first time using a fermentation chamber. cant wait to taste this one!

2012-09-19_14-59-50_965.jpg

2012-09-19_15-00-21_203.jpg

2012-09-19_15-02-25_829.jpg

2012-09-19_15-02-36_600.jpg

2012-09-19_15-02-43_659.jpg

Maybe I missed it, but how's the wort coming out of the plate chiller? Doesn't look like you're using a pump except for the ice water, and I don't really understand how the wort is supposed to come out without a suction or pump of some kind

Maybe I missed it, but how's the wort coming out of the plate chiller? Doesn't look like you're using a pump except for the ice water, and I don't really understand how the wort is supposed to come out without a suction or pump of some kind

Gravity?

Look at it - the wort goes up the tube to enter the platechiller at a higher elevation and then it exits the platechiller and goes further up before it goes into the fermenting bucket. Last I checked, gravity doesn't pull things up

Look at it - the wort goes up the tube to enter the platechiller at a higher elevation and then it exits the platechiller and goes further up before it goes into the fermenting bucket. Last I checked, gravity doesn't pull things up

I dunno what you see, but I see a hose that leads from a kettle down behind a bucket into a pump, and then a nother hose that runs from a pump into a chiller.

I dunno what you see, but I see a hose that leads from a kettle down behind a bucket into a pump, and then a nother hose that runs from a pump into a chiller.

That's the cooling hose, I think; from what I can see, the wort hose runs from the kettle down, then up into the platechiller, then up again, above the wort chiller, and into the white fermenting bucket

That's the cooling hose, I think; from what I can see, the wort hose runs from the kettle down, then up into the platechiller, then up again, above the wort chiller, and into the white fermenting bucket

Nope. Chill water runs from white hose to clear, through an IC in ice, out through clear into chiller, and then back out through the grey hose in back.

Nope. Chill water runs from white hose to clear, through an IC in ice, out through clear into chiller, and then back out through the grey hose in back.

Oooh, so the pump is for the wort; that makes more sense.

Seems I was confusing the pics; thought the clear hose was the wort hose

Back