Ferrous and non ferrous

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backwoodsbrewing

Reaction score
I am in the process of putting together gear for all grain brewing and I am unsure of what is the best route to go as far as fittings nipples and valves I have been told i can't use brass and copper with stainless or steel rigid couplings or nipples I understand copper can't be used with galvanized steel couplings because of the dissimilar metals creating a galvanic reaction is this same process also applicable to brass as well I have an 8 gallon Mt I may need larger but will see how this works out still working on the hlt and second burner thanks in advance for any advice

I have copper to stainless from my dip tune to a compression fitting. No issue. But they say if you to have copper to stainless, bridge it with brass.

day_trippr said:
Punctuation can be helpful ;)

Otherwise, just go all stainless and never look back. And definitely do not use anything that's galvanized!

Cheers!

Sorry had a bit and was in a hurry

Back