Ferroday Faucets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that would be considered a "Euro Style beer faucet" of which there are an imperial crapton of choices to be found.
I don't think I've run across a direct comparo against any other faucet styles...but then again, if it pours well it'd be fine in my book :)

One Intertap/Nukatap shared feature that might be worth going that way is the ability to swap the spouts for all kinds of accessories. Perlick does not have any product line that offers that ability, and I'm pretty sure those Euro-taps don't either...

Cheers!

Hah - I only looked at the second link.
That first link is definitely to a rear-sealing faucet from days gone by. Give that one a pass.
The second one with the compensator I'm not so sure about...

Cheers!

Sorry about that. I posted a question on amazon and and somebody who bought said the same (rear sealing). Been looking at so many lately, must have gotten something eing mixed up.

@wsmith1625 - You mentioned above that it "looks" like a rear sealing faucet. How can you tell the difference?
I just bought a kegerator for the first time yesterday, and it came with two faucets, but I'm not sure how to tell whether they are forward sealing or rear sealing.

Thank you.

Classic rear sealing faucets look like this example:

1663536428258.png

That style closes by a gasket at the rear of the horizontal plunger.

Forward sealing faucets generally look like this model:

1663536480721.png

These close using a pivoting ball against that orange O-ring at the spout, or using a sliding shuttle attached to the faucet lever...

Cheers!

@wsmith1625 - You mentioned above that it "looks" like a rear sealing faucet. How can you tell the difference?
I just bought a kegerator for the first time yesterday, and it came with two faucets, but I'm not sure how to tell whether they are forward sealing or rear sealing.

Thank you.
If you look at the front view of the faucet, the shaft on a rear seal faucet is exposed and moves in when you open it to pour a beer. On front seal faucets, the spout is solid with the shuttle sealed within.

That's helpful, thank you. Looks like I have rear sealing. I'll add forward sealing faucets to my shopping list. Now I remember why it took me so long to switch to kegging ($!).

@Bobby_M - I'll be coming in to your shop in the next week or two to get all the parts for this build (kegs, CO2, faucets, lines, etc.). I'm starting with nothing but a fridge and tower.

Latest posts

Back