Fermzilla floating dip tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LitBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one of these off amazon, comes with a small filter, $19
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098Q68MCW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I tested it with just sanitizer in the keg and it left several inches of liquid in the bottom. I ended up using a washer to weigh it down, which seems to work fine, though I think it gets all the way to the bottom which is fine really as it will be super obvious that I need to pour it out.

My question is, does anyone else have the same experience with these floating dip tubes where they leave a bunch of liquid in the bottom and you need to weigh them down?

Curious do you use them for serving or for pressure transfers (from fermenting in keg), or both?

I was thinking of using for pressure transfer from keg fermentation but I'm not sure how to 'stop' the transfer when it gets to the 'trub' part. I suppose you just have to watch the line for cloudiness?

Latest posts

Back