Fermtech Autosiphon - Broke it, can I repair it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubberband

Reaction score
I cracked the end of the raking cane on my autosiphon and now I am wondering if I need to buy a new autosiphon or can I simply replace the racking cane? I haven't really pulled to much on the rubber tip that fits onto the raking cane and seals with the siphon outer tube but it appears to be glued onto the end. I may just cut off the end and mount the hose to the straight part of the racking cane.

I know I'm not the first to do this and I was thinking that maybe stainless is the way to go.

Use the curved part of the racking cane to create a dip tupe for your bottling bucket, then buy a new racking cane for your autosiphon. There are stainless racking canes out there, and IIRC they aren't that much more expensive than a plastic one.

They make replacements for the interior cane, most homebrew supply stores carry them.

If you get some cip film and coat the end of the cane, it makes it much easier to remove the hose, eliminating problem of breaking the cane.

Plus, cip film is odorless and tasteless.

Gedvondur

CIP Film, sounds cool, like the ability to wash off with hot water. To date, I've been cutting off about 1/2 to 3/4" of hose to get it off of my racking cane and bottle bucket.

Latest posts

Back