Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tswanton

Reaction score
I nearly completed my all grain wit beer yesterday. I forgot to add the orange peel to the last ten minutes of the boil. Can I add to the fermentation stage or am I out of luck

Wonder if you could soak it in a little bit of vodka then put in secondary or boil about 2 cups of water then add now . Someone here that has more experience will chime in .

Wonder if you could soak it in a little bit of vodka then put in secondary or boil about 2 cups of water then add now . Someone here that has more experience will chime in .
I wonder if I add now if I can keep it in until bottling timing. Or rack into a different carboy in a day or two

I think orange peel has to go into boiling water to bring out the flavor . I think that's why it's done during the boil. The extract may work . One thing you might wanna do during a brew is set all your stuff out on the counter in line as to when its added . I've only been brewing for a yr or so and it can be a tad overwhelming. Heck I forgot to check my SG before I pitched the yeast the other day cuz I was so excited to do my first all grain batch. We learn as we go .

I've done an orange peel (zest actually) tincture by soaking the zest in enough vodka to cover the zest, in a closed Mason jar, left at room temperature through the fermentation.

Then on bottling day, strain the zest out and add the vodka (now with orange taste and aroma) to the bottling bucket along with the priming sugar.

It's worked well.

I've done an orange peel (zest actually) tincture by soaking the zest in enough vodka to cover the zest, in a closed Mason jar, left at room temperature through the fermentation.

Then on bottling day, strain the zest out and add the vodka (now with orange taste and aroma) to the bottling bucket along with the priming sugar.

It's worked well.
I like the way you think. Sounds like a good option. Thank you

Gotta love this forum . Always someone with experience to help us out . Sounds like your beer should be just fine .

Latest posts

Back