Fermentation temp spike :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skarz

Reaction score
Maybe I should have seen this coming, maybe I shouldn't have... I pitched my yeast into my Irish Death clone and put the fermenter in my garage which is climate controlled to 64° F. Looking at this graph do you think there will be any strong off flavors? Highest it went is 71° F which is still in the range for Wyeast Irish Ale.

2arIThe.png

I'd give it a few extra days to clean up, then hit it with gelatin to flocc out all that partied out yeast.

the real question is can you put worries to rest enough to not imagine off flavors that aren't even there?

don't let your imagination spoil perfectly good beer! modern, well pitched yeast isn't nearly as fragile as a lot of homebrewers will claim. you're fine.

Your temp rise looks fairly normal and you had some headroom to begin with. In my experience, strong off flavors only tend to come when you are well out of range like 4+ degF. RDWHAHB.

Back