Fermentap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daznz

Reaction score
Hi does anyone here use a Fermentap they look very good how do you guys find they work good or bad?

I cant seem to track one down in New Zealand and to get one from morebeer.com
the shipping kills it . if someone could take some pictures of one for me i maybe able to make one.. i would appreciate that if someone could if so send a post and ill give you myemail
Thanks
Daza

I have heard of people making them with old milkcrates . . . but you have to find the solid ones. The ones you buy in the office dept. at Wal-Mart aren't sturdy enough.

Here is a picture of the fermentap:

4914.jpg

I tried one a few years ago and it didn't work very well for me. It is supposed to make your carboy like a conical fermenter but with mine the yeast and trub got caught on the shoulder of the carboy and never dropped into the neck. I always had to use a secondary fermenter. I couldn't see the advantage so I stopped using it.
Maybe others have had better luck.

Daznz,
I tried the Fermentap system years ago and was not impressed. Same problems that Rich mentions above. I have (2) of them sitting in my attic. One is yours for the asking just reimburse me for shipping.
Send me a PM or e-mail if you're interested.
Jeff

Cheers ill email you.. yea ive read mixed results some people love them some hate them i hear if you tap the shoulder it helps it fall.

Daza

sonvolt said:
I have heard of people making them with old milkcrates . . . but you have to find the solid ones. The ones you buy in the office dept. at Wal-Mart aren't sturdy enough.

Here is a picture of the fermentap:

4914.jpg

Thanks for the picture was helpful
Cheers

Back