Feeling hot hot hot...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, i had to raise the temp in my coolroom a few degrees the other day. Apparently the thermostat on the heater I used doesn't work, so in about 6 hours the room/my beer (day 7), had reached 92 degrees. I fast chilled back down to 69 degrees, but was there any point? Is this batch destined for the drain?
Thanks in advance for any help!🍻✌️🇨🇦

Hey all, i had to raise the temp in my coolroom a few degrees the other day. Apparently the thermostat on the heater I used doesn't work, so in about 6 hours the room/my beer (day 7), had reached 92 degrees. I fast chilled back down to 69 degrees, but was there any point? Is this batch destined for the drain?
Thanks in advance for any help!🍻🇨🇦

Nah, you should be ok by Day 7...call it an extra hot Diacetyl rest...lets us know how it turns out.

And here is the small sample bottle of my EHDR,(American IPA). 5 days in the bottle. Carb obviously isn't there yet, but the flavours and aroma are, well...ok. More bitter than I expected but seems to be drinkable. We'll see after more bottle time, but I think it will make it. I don't think it will be my new favorite, but it'll work.
IMG_20200918_122822.jpg
🍻✌️🇨🇦

And I'll say this level of clarity is a first for me. 🍻🇨🇦

maybe EHDR will become something new, i've only had one beer that was clear in my 16 years....long time ago don't remember if it got an "Extra Hot Diactyl Rest" or not.....maybe my next batch i'll straping on a heating pad and getting it up to 100f after it's done fermenting......maybe after a week of work the yeast need a trip to figi, or tahiti, or some tropical island, to really get them relaxed and willing to settle!

Latest posts

Back