FedEx Delivery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieutenantDan

Reaction score
I am expecting some supplies to come via fed ex today, I think I will probably have to sign for them. Would it be ok to leave a note on the door asking the delivery person to call me so I can come home to sign for it(I work about 5 mins from home)? Or can I leave a note asking them to deliver the package to my workplace? I really don't want to wait an extra day or two. Has anyone done this before?

Worth a shot. I know my UPS driver is pretty flexible. I've asked him to come to my house at specific times and he's done it for me. Why don't you call FedEx and attempt to have the delivery location changed?

If your in a "safe" residential area they will generally do a driver release. They generally wont leave high value packages but my FedEx driver left a $2000 laptop in my door. If your worried I would follow ABG's suggestion and contact FedEx to make other arrangements.

it's already on the truck for delivery, so I imagine changing the destination isn't an option. I left the note & am hoping for the best.

So here is how it works --

If the delivery man requires a signature, and you are not home, they will leave you a notice on your front door. Read the notice, there is a little box somewhere that asks -- "Sign the box if you want us to leave your delivery without a signature". It also relieves the delivery company of any obligations if your stuff gets stolen off your porch.

You can either leave a note and he'll maybe leave it. If not, just sign the notice he leaves, stick it back on your front door, and they'll drop off tomorrow.

So here is how it works --

If the delivery man requires a signature, and you are not home, they will leave you a notice on your front door. Read the notice, there is a little box somewhere that asks -- "Sign the box if you want us to leave your delivery without a signature". It also relieves the delivery company of any obligations if your stuff gets stolen off your porch.

You can either leave a note and he'll maybe leave it. If not, just sign the notice he leaves, stick it back on your front door, and they'll drop off tomorrow.

yeah, but I want it now!
i-want-it-now.jpg

yeah, but I want it now!
i-want-it-now.jpg

Lt. D thanks for the coffee out of my nose! Mrs. Salt infamous quote is used in our household regularly. The SWMBO and I got quite a good chuckle from you post. Hope you package arrives today and your not forced to become a "bad egg"

If you look on the FedEx website there is probably an 'official' release form that you can fill out and leave at the door in case a hand-written note won't suffice, but I've never had any trouble with hand-written notes in the past.

he left it on the porch, not sure if it was because of my note or not though. Had the power not gone out I would have been brewing tonight. Now, tomorrow I need to clean up the mess of trees everywhere, so brewing is postponed for the time being. This will be my first batch, but I am working with a few friends who have some experience.

Good on your delivery, too bad on your weather. For your brew, read the directions, set up everything, Read the directions, sanitize, read the directions, watch your temperatures, wait for the yeast to do their thing. watch your temperatures, wait for the yeast to do their thing. Bottle or keg, Wait for the yeast to do their thing. Enjoy your new beer.

Start another batch, enjoy your new hobby. I am! 3 months in..:ban:
:mug:

yeah, I am really excited about getting started. I just finished the Complete Joy of Home Brewing, I have been lurking these forums for the last month or so, & absorbing as much as I can from homebrewers I know, but I still feel underprepared.

The most common mistake I see posted is fermenting at too high a temperature. The next is not waiting long enough. It takes about 4 weeks for the yeast to ferment then clear up everything. I started in July and quickly bought another Better Bottle for primary fermentating more than one batch at a time, I am now enjoying 4 different brews. A fifth is in primary and the sixth kit is in the fridge awaiting a brew day. It will get yeast harvested from brew #3.

these forums are a great source of info. Read all the posts and get the gist... Throw out the high and low....

Most of all have some fun.

Print a note like so:

9/29/11 FedEx: Please leave the package with tracking number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX by back door/front door/etc).

Signed:______________________________

I've done this before for packages that need a signature, and they've taken the note and left the package.

Back