favorite light?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slatorian

Reaction score
alright HBT, so my dad found this American Light lager at one of those restaurants that brew their own, and the problem is it's hard to get a growler of it for him, so I was wondering if any of you all have any suggestions for bottles/cans of something for the time in between trips. He likes low hop character and a light and clean malt profile, like a good, clean session beer. to give an idea, he likes sapporo a lot, dislikes IPAs strongly, but i want to find him something he'll really love. thanks for any of your suggestions.

Check out Oskar Blue Grill and Brewery's Mama's Little Yella Pils. Comes in a can, and is very similar to most chain brewhouse restuarant's light beer, but BETTER!! I describe it almost exactly like what you say above, light with a good, clean malt profile, low hops.

You can typically find it at your local ABC, Total Wine, etc.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2681/48139

While it's not an american light lager, Yuengling is a great lager with good flavor and some character. Haven't met a BMC drinker that didn't like it yet, and you should have no problem getting it in MD.

Back