Favorite bittering & aroma hop combo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robtotten

Reaction score
Stick to one of each, as hard as it is... Right now I'm partial to Brewer's Gold and Hersbrucker. They go really together in malty / biscuity brown ales, which I'm in the middle of a brewing kick for.

As a combo? Northern Brewer and Fuggles.

Generically? Magnum and Saaz.

Silly question, though, as hops are an integral ingredient for any recipe and there's no 1 is best answer.

I like using German Tradition as bittering, and Saaz as aroma/flavor. Great for Belgian, Hefes, and anything else where you want the yeast to shine through.

Silly question, though, as hops are an integral ingredient for any recipe and there's no 1 is best answer.

+1

I could live with those combos, although I use Hallertau as well as Saaz for my lagers. And mostly EKG with NB for English beers.

GT

(Columbus or Southern Cross) and Crystal

But really it depends on the style you're trying to make.

I wasn't asking for the best, just everyone's favorite at the moment. The thread was only meant to get a conversation going, not start a controversy!

I like a brewers gold with a golding, Yakima golds if I can get them.

Chinook and cascades are a good combo also.

Latest posts

Back