Faucets...flow control or auto shut off???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwanaBrich

Reaction score
I'm building a 3 tap kegerator out of an old frig and I'm looking for your opinions of beer faucets.

Costs aside....which do you prefer, flow control faucets or auto shut off and why? Apparently I can't have both.

Thanks

Aside from maybe someone who has lost the use of an arm why would one need an auto shut off?

My vote is for flow control.
With flow control you can use the same pressure for carbonating and serving without having to adjust hose length every time you make a pressure adjustment.
In other words flow control makes for easier hose management with perfect carbonation yielding perfect pours.
Auto shutoff is a neat gimmick but unless you have a very heavy handle your faucet will not open unattended.

Well it looks like flow control wins! I bought 3 Intertap stainless steel flow control faucets from Ritebrew.com, along with stainless steel shanks, Bev-seal ultra tubing and John Guest adapters.

Hopefully, it all works out well! As for Ritbrew.com, they were great to deal with!

Latest posts

Back