Fastferment heating?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstraight

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to heat a Fastferment conical fermentor? I brew and ferment in the a basement which gets down to 50 degrees this time of year. When using a bucket, I place bucket and small heater under a table draped with blankets. This system works well but not for the new Fastferment, as it will be too tall when placed in DIY 2x4 stand on casters that I intend to make. Any suggestions based on experience? It will need to be removable for cleaning. Possibly heating tape or some type of electric blanket? Mitchell Lesbirel from Fastrack (manufacturer) said they intend to have a product available in near future but I don't want to wait.
Thanks, John

Has anyone figured out a way to heat a Fastferment conical fermentor? I brew and ferment in the a basement which gets down to 50 degrees this time of year. When using a bucket, I place bucket and small heater under a table draped with blankets. This system works well but not for the new Fastferment, as it will be too tall when placed in DIY 2x4 stand on casters that I intend to make. Any suggestions based on experience? It will need to be removable for cleaning. Possibly heating tape or some type of electric blanket? Mitchell Lesbirel from Fastrack (manufacturer) said they intend to have a product available in near future but I don't want to wait.
Thanks, John

A heating pad strapped to the fermenter will work if you have a controller to monitor and control temp. I've seen other posters use one and I plan to use one as well when I have two batches in my chamber at the same time.

Latest posts

Back