Fairbanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey from nearly the same latitude - Nome! Happy new year to you!

I've been trying to get something going in Nome - way back in the nineties we used to have a loose knit club and even did a couple Octoberfests. Good number of brewers then. Now seems kinda slack - but I'm hoping to rouse a few. If you think prices are a bit high in Fairbanks, just think of adding another dollar per pound freight on top of those prices. That may be why brewing has slacked off - getting more expensive by the day here just to buy food and heat the house. Or too much social media/tv time. Hard to say.

Has anyone got a Silver Gulch Pick Ax Porter clone? So far it is the only beer my wife has tried that she likes. Big benefit if I can brew her a beer she likes. cheers, JD

I've got about 95% of the equipment needed for a RIMS system: RIMS tube, PID, etc. Other than one test batch the system is new. I'm no longer in a position to use it so I'm seeing if anyone local is interested. I will only sell the items as a package deal of components, the system will not come wired. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can provide specs and discuss prices.

Back