EZ's Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZFrag

Reaction score
Ok....I'm a noob at brewing and all this stuff. I've gathered, slowly, over the past year, all the equipment i've needed. I still have a couple of pieces to go. One of the things that I realized that I was going to need is a Keezer. I was inspired by a lot of you guys and the great work that you have done.

The Godfather of Keezers....Jester's build. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-project-31221/index13.html#post710605

Then Rascal made his. Beautiful piece of work. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-keezer-build-176752/

Ok...so here is my story. I've started on mine. Been working on it for a while. With all my family responsibilities, it's been slow going. I started off with a 7 cubic foot chest freezer from Lowes.
Freezer1.jpg

Keezer4.jpg

Keezer3.jpg

I have a lot of blemishes. It has been a challenge for me since I'm not a carpenter. I'm making it out of Red Oak. I have a huge scrap pile. lol

Please don't be too critical. I'm kinda proud of this, blemishes and all. I will post more photos as I progress.

I think it looks great so far! Once I finish my single tier rig, I'm going to start a keezer similar to yours. You should be proud of her! Good luck with the rest of the build!

That looks absolutely amazing. I am planning to do one like yours soon. Wood covered 100%. What I had never considered was making the top larger. I might steel that!

Thanks alot! I was just planning a simple keezer project, then I came across your thread. Now painting the livingroom and basement will have to wait. An all wood keezer will have to be the priority project this winter! Thanks again for the inspiration.
Keep posting pics. It looks great so far.

I love it, keep posting pics as you progress! I'm thinking of doing the same to mine.

Thanks again for posting!

John

Keezer6.jpg

Progress is slow. Temperature is dropping and my shop is not insulated. I need to trim it up. Route a lip in the top. I'm going to get some tempered glass. Then I'll be ready to sand it down and stain it.

Ok...I finished it. Here is the finished product. I have a 20 lb co2 tank that has a collar around the nozzle. It stands too tall, to stand upright. I have to lay it over in the keezer. Any suggestions on how to remove it?

Keezerfinisned1.jpg

Keezerfinished2.jpg

I have a temp controller on it and it's set at 38 degrees. I like my beer cold. What settings do you guys have yours on?

Temp will depend on style of beer and personal preferences... As far as the C02 is concerned, you dont want to lay it on it's side. Either keep it outside and find a way to run the line into the kegs, or since you only have two taps, sell it and get a smaller tank...

PS: turned out awesome

what is the problem with laying it catty-cornered? Can the gas supply place remove the collar?

Thanks. I didn't realize that. I don't have it flat, it is at an angle. Right now I don't have any other option. I do need another tank so I can use with my filter. Might swap it out.

Nice job, that looks awesome. hmmmm, time to rethink the beer refrigerator

jpzep, that's exactly my next step. Just gotta find that decal. I was going to pull those tiles out during football season and paint them black and gold of my Saints. Then get me a fleur de lis.

Back