Ez water or palmer spreadsheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogslapbrewery

Reaction score
So I know the ultimate answer to this question would be to measure with a pH but I haven't have one and strips don't cut it. My question is which sheet do you guys commonly use and where does it land in predicting ph? I've plugged my recipe into both sheets, Ez water says treat my water with around 15g of salts where palmer says only 2g. Which program or sheets have you received good results?

I use Bru n' Water. Ph is usually pretty close, but not perfect as it typically predicts higher than actual. I have lactic acid to adjust on the fly. A good meter is definitely a good investment.

I think there are some better options out there than the two you mentioned. I would look at Bru'n Water spreadsheet, Brewers Friend Advanced Water calculator, and Q-Water spreadsheet. Those should get you closer than the others you mentioned.

Of course, garbage in = garbage out.

Latest posts

Back