Extremely light beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corycorycory09

Reaction score
I made a SMASH 2-row cascade IPA the other day, and I underestimated how light the beer would be with just 2-row.

The color looks basically like this (maybe a pinch darker because I used a bit of carapils to improve mouthfeel). This image came from google.

445fc7a5a31f4aa978b4c147046aab48_320x320.jpg

Looks a little gross, but I guess I'll found out in a few weeks.

Has anyone made a beer this light before? How did it taste?

smash 2row cascade makes a very nice clean drinking beer. the colour will look better once fermented carb'd and in a glass.

When I make a light colored beer I try get it light in color but that is too pale for me and almost looks like wine. But in the end it is what it tastes like. :mug:

I've done plenty a 2row (and other base malts) SMASH at 1.050ish range and they're usually a nice straw color and delicious. The only truly ugly beer I had was 2row with a lb of munich and it turned just a very weird light but murky brown color. Not sure what happened there.

Wicked Weed's Pernicious IPA is almost that light. It didn't bother me, especially considering how delicious it is.

:)

Latest posts

Back