Extract Supplies for Canadians

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reibrew

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've brewed my second coopers kit (a canadian blonde this time, after the initial lager kit) and after a few weeks it's pretty tasty, however I've been seeing lots of threads about different extract brands.. but since this board is mainly American it seems, It's hard to find things that I can source for a reasonable price other than Coopers. I'm curious to try out different kits to find a few different kinds of beer that I'll really enjoy drinking. My local store only carries Cooper's

I'm from Toronto, so where is the best place to source out say a Muntons kit or or other good brands. I was thinking of the austin online store but I wasn't sure if the shipping/duties would kill it for Canadians.

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you. My local shop has a decent supply of the bigger name brand kits in, but I'd like to try some of the Northren Brewer kits, but they don't ship here. I've got a Brew Canada Red Ale kit almost ready to go, another week of carbing and it will be ready. I had one the other night, not fully carbed, but it tastes pretty decent already. I'd recommend trying one of their kits.

Did either of you have any luck?
I'd love to try a northern brewers kit and such, but it sucks so bad that a kit from the N. states can't cross an invisible line into Canada.

http://brewerspantry.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=70_71 Durham Region
www.homebrew-supplies.ca Brampton
http://beergrains.com/store/#ecwid:category=2626452&mode=category&offset=0&sort=nameAsc Chalk River
http://www.torontobrewing.ca/servlet/StoreFront Possibly Toronto

They all ship. Not worth the hassle of dealing with the border in most cases. Inflated shipping and brokerage roulette. Not to mention that par dollar is going to cost you about 1.05 per USD once you pay the exchange rate and the conversion fees.

I find most online stores are in Ontario, so you should have no problem finding one nearby. I use hopdawgs (BC) and beergrains (ON) regularly. I use beergrains when I need a lot of ingredients as they have free shipping for over orders over $100 (excluding bulk sacks). The customer service at both is way above average.

I find most online stores are in Ontario, so you should have no problem finding one nearby. I use hopdawgs (BC) and beergrains (ON) regularly. I use beergrains when I need a lot of ingredients as they have free shipping for over orders over $100 (excluding bulk sacks). The customer service at both is way above average.

Seconding hopdawgs, hes awesome

I ordered from beergrains.com and MAN, they sure were prompt with their emails and great customer service. They emailed me specifically to tell me that my order was only $10 away from free shipping (a $30 value) and I could add to the order etc. Free beer glass too. Quite impressed.

Latest posts

Back