extended primarying for perfectionn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmud0314

Reaction score
My wife is deviating from the standard 9 month primary. She was supposed to pop on the 1st. She's gone a little long, but will be any day now. Hopefully you guys are right about the long primaries!

Be careful with that brew...it will likely smell horriffic for a few years, be loud and messy, and continue to grow... the whole time it will suck every bit of spare change out of your pockets...but all in all will be a fun brew.

That brew will take 30-40 years to "fully" mature... however, with that style brew, some never fully mature. For example, there is a great BigB beer out there that is going on 42 years and still hasn't even met half it's maturity.

Primary done!!! She racked off today. Holy cow was there a lot of trub!

Stats: 8 lb 2 oz, 21.25 inches, red headed boy! We didn't know the sex until delivery! I have a bock that I plan on brewing sometime at the end of the week after the kiddo is born. I shall name it Baby Bock (don't worry, it's still 1.064)!

Congrats! On the baby of course, but also on your choice of wife if you can get away with making that brew so soon after these events.

Loving 'Baby Bock'...forget cigars, give a HB!

Latest posts

Back