Explosive Strawberry Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mosa

Reaction score
So the wife wanted to brew a strawberry blonde ale, so I said help out if she wanted. A couple of days later, she got sick and I was left in charge of maintaining the beer till she got better. After a primary fermentation of 7 days, I threw 8 lbs of frozen strawberries in the blender and then put that in a new 6.5 gallon carboy. The next morning, I peeked in and saw the blonde was bubbling away like mad, and had a nice krausen going. About an hour later, I suggested the wife take a look at her bubbling masterpiece to find the airlock had turned red, and still bubbling like crazy. Impressed by the vigurous fermentation, I casually washed out my blow-off hose, whipped up some sanitizer solution for the bucket, and climbed back upstairs to replace the airlock with the blow-off hose. I went to gently twist the airlock to get it off, like usual, when BOOM! at the first nudge, the thing shot 6 inches in the air and spewed strawberries and yeast all over my closet, home office, and me. My arm was literally dripping strawberries and I was laughing my ass off. All I could think of was the one-armed guy from Arrested Development saying "And that's why you don't make fruit beers...."

I figured some of you guys might get a kick out of the pictures:

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

wooohooo, there she blows! at least you laughed about it, nice pics and I know since Im laughing it will happen to me soon, that shouls be a tasty brew my friend, cheers :mug:

Latest posts

Back