Experimental tropical type dubamathingy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paps

Reaction score
What started out as a bad idea......is getting worse.
Starting out with this here.

019.jpg

Added two lbs of table sugar to the `just over` two gallons of pineapple juice. This is going to be a bear to clear. I'm not sure how well the picture shows it here on the internetland but in very little time it has allready seperated into layers.

020.jpg

When primary fermentation is over with,
i plan to "dry-hop" with a good portion (if not all of it) of this.

021.jpg

After a week or so of dry hopping/coconuting.....
I plan on pan frying some :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:
perhaps with a very small amount of butter to make a mush/reduction/bannana goo and dry hop with that as well.
Or perhaps throw that in at the same time as the coconut.

I'm hoping that the large amounts of sugar `overload` the yeast and force a stalled fermentation somewhere around 10-12% and then leave some residual sugars to make it sweet augmented by the dry-hopping.

Will then probably force carb it in a 2.5 gallon keg.

For better or worse all in the name of zymurgy!!!!!
Because pinapples give me heartburn.
I think perhaps this isn't my best idea.:p

Welp, instead of frying the banana i just sliced a few up and crammed them in the carboy. Used the whole bag of coconut.
US-O5 took it down to .996
I didn't taste much of it but really didn't get much of a taste of coconut or the bannys. I'll try it again after it's done force carbing.
Plenty of pinapple aroma.
Perhaps i will blend some of this with my "Pappy`s Hard Cider" in some undertermined ratio (probably 50-50) and serve it out of a coconut.
:p

Back